Ricardo Lamas’ return to the Octagon is set. “The Bully” will be facing Calvin Kattar at the UFC 238 pay-per-view (PPV) from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois on June 8, 2019. The Chicago Tribune and ESPN have both confirmed the match-up.
Lamas is a former UFC featherweight title challenger who had a two-fight losing streak broken in his last fight. He defeated Darren Elkins via third-round TKO at UFC Argentina in November. He dodged a major health scare in the fight, as it was later revealed he competed with a blood clot in his leg.
He’ll take on Kattar, whose last fight resulted in a first-round TKO victory over Chris Fishgold in October. Prior to that, he had a 10-fight win streak snapped by Renato Moicano. Now, Kattar hopes to pick up a big win over a notable name like Lamas, advancing further in the top 15. Check out the updated UFC 238 card below:
- Bantamweight: Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes **for vacant bantamweight title**
- Women’s flyweight: (C) Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Eye
- Strawweight: Nina Ansaroff vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Women’s flyweight: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Heavyweight: Blagoy Ivanov vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Featherweight: Calvin Kattar vs. Ricardo Lamas
What do you think about Lamas returning against Kattar at UFC 238 this summer?