The UFC shall be kicking off their broadcast deal with ESPN subsequent week (Sat. January 19, 2019). UFC on ESPN+ 1 will go down from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Within the main event, UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw shall be troublesome Henry Cejudo for the 125-pound title. Nonetheless, prior to now few weeks, the Brooklyn card has been hit onerous by injury woes.
Glover Teixeira will now be going by way of Karl Roberson after an injury to Ion Cutelaba. Randy Brown is now out of his battle in opposition to Chance Rencountre. And a battle that was initially set to be former 135-pound champion Dominick Cruz vs. John Lineker has now become Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista. Cruz initially pulled out citing an injury that may potential maintain him sidelined for a yr.
Now, Lineker has been pulled from the cardboard ensuing from an unknown injury. “Fingers Of Stone” took to Twitter and issued out an apology to followers for missing the cardboard. Proper right here’s what the Brazilian wanted to say:
“I thank ATT, household, associates and followers of “ Fingers of Stone” s work. I hope to be rescheduled rapidly so that I can put on one different current for the all my followers.”
I’m sorry I wont be stopping on the upcoming jan 19th card.
I thank ATT, family, friends and followers of “ Fingers of Stone” s work. I hope to be rescheduled rapidly so that I can put on one different current for the all my followers. pic.twitter.com/KA8BsXykz7
— John Lineker (@johnlineker) January 12, 2019
Attempt the up to date card for UFC on ESPN+ 1 proper right here:
- (C) Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw
- Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson
- Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Castro
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
- Chance Rencountre vs. TBD
What do you think about all the injury woes UFC on ESPN+ 1 has seen?