Notable bets is a common Monday roundup of wagers — some sharper than others — made not too long ago at sportsbooks throughout the nation.
In 1967, Vince Lombardi and the eventual Tremendous Bowl champion Green Bay Packers have been huge 20-point favorites over the Minnesota Vikings — and misplaced 10-7 within the iconic franchise’s worst upset loss ever.
Flash-ahead to Dec. 2, 2018: On an NFL Sunday full of heavy chalk, the Packers have been 13.5-level favorites versus a two-win Arizona Cardinals crew.
With Aaron Rodgers underneath heart, Green Bay was 14-Zero straight-up when favored by 11 or extra factors. So it isn’t onerous to see why some fashionable-day Packers backers have been satisfied that the franchise’s second-worst upset loss ever wasn’t about to transpire Sunday — not towards the lowly Cardinals, definitely not at vaunted Lambeau Area and positively not as such gaudy favorites.
For instance, take the patron at Caesars ebook in Las Vegas who positioned a mid-5-determine cash-line wager on the Packers to beat the Cardinals at -900 odds for a likelihood at round a $6,000 revenue. In New Jersey, a bettor at a William Hill sportsbook risked $eight,000 on the Packers at -800 odds for a likelihood at a $1,000 web win. And again in Nevada, William Hill took $7,200 cash-line wager on Green Bay at -900 odds. That wager would have won a web $800.
These chunks of change stay with the home, after Green Bay kicker Mason Crosby missed a 49-yard subject objective that may have compelled additional time as time expired in a 20-17 loss to Arizona.
The most important cash-line wager William Hill took on the Cardinals, by the best way, was $130 at +600, a web win of $780. It was a good Sunday for the books.
These have been a few of the ache factors for bettors on a rough first weekend of December that featured the most important reported NFL wagers of the season and a heavyweight battle that drew extra betting curiosity than any of the school soccer championship video games.
Listed below are the notable bets:
• On Saturday, an MGM sportsbook in Las Vegas took a $330,000 wager on the Atlanta Falcons -2.5 towards the Baltimore Ravens. At that time, it was the most important single wager MGM had taken on an NFL recreation this season — and it was a loser.
• The Ravens, who opened as excessive as Three-level favorites, closed as 2.5-level underdogs after cash from revered gamers poured in on Atlanta early within the week. Baltimore won 26-16.
• Sportsbook operator CG Know-how mentioned it took a number of restrict bets early within the week on the Falcons +1.5 and choose ’em. By final Wednesday, Atlanta had change into the favourite at most sportsbooks, however bettors did not draw back. “Everybody simply stored following the transfer, betting the Falcons,” vice chairman of threat Jason Simbal mentioned.
• “With out trying again, I am guessing [Ravens covering] was most likely our greatest recreation of the yr,” MGM race and sports activities director Jeff Stoneback mentioned.
• The $330,000 wager on the Falcons did not final lengthy as the most important of the season for MGM. It was promptly eclipsed Sunday by a “mid-six-determine” wager on the New England Patriots -5 towards the Minnesota Vikings. That one was a winner, because the Patriots pulled away within the second half Vikings for a 24-10 victory. “We acquired fairly a little bit of buyback on that one,” Stoneback mentioned Sunday afternoon. “We had one other on line casino participant are available and wager on the Vikings, after we took that wager. It is going to be a respectable-measurement loss for us, however nothing prefer it may’ve been.”
• A bettor at a William Hill sportsbook positioned a $71,900 cash-line wager on the Los Angeles Rams to beat the Detroit Lions. The wager netted $15,136.85 after the Rams improved to 11-1 with a 30-16 victory in Detroit.
• Sportsbook operator CG Know-how took a $110,000 wager on the Rams -10. Los Angeles coated the unfold on a landing run by Todd Gurley with 1:54 to play.
• On Sunday morning, a few hours earlier than the early kickoffs, the SuperBook reported that 99 p.c of the cash that had been wagered on the Indianapolis-Jacksonville recreation was on the favored Colts. The Jaguars won 6-Zero. “That was a very shocking and welcome result for the ebook,” Murray mentioned.
• Shortly earlier than kickoff of the late afternoon video games, the SuperBook took a $70,000 cash-line parlay on the Tennessee Titans and Seattle Seahawks that netted round $30,000, when the Titans and Seahawks each won.
• The NFL week acquired off to a large begin final Thursday when the Dallas Cowboys pulled an outright upset 13-10 over the favored New Orleans Saints. “That was by far the most effective primetime recreation we have had this season,” Stoneback mentioned. “Behind solely the Ravens recreation, it was most likely our second-finest recreation of the season. Everybody was in on the Saints, particularly in Mississippi. We took two six-determine bets on the Saints down in Mississippi on the Beau Rivage.”
• The Saints-Cowboys recreation was essentially the most closely wager recreation of the week for New Jersey on-line sportsbook PlaySugarHouse.com.
• “Thursday night time was a nice result for us,” SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas director John Murray informed ESPN in an e-mail. “The Saints had to ultimately lose a recreation [against the spread], and we had the added bonus of them dropping outright. A number of cash-line parlays and teasers went up in flames the primary night time of the week.”
• Sportsbooks reported needing the Los Angeles Chargers to cowl the three/Three.5-level unfold towards the favored Pittsburgh Steelers within the Sunday night time recreation. The Chargers rallied again from a 16-point halftime deficit to hand the Steelers their second-straight loss 33-30.
• Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy, who was fired Sunday, went 123-91-7 towards the unfold in his 13 seasons with the Packers. Solely New England Patriots coach Invoice Belichick has a higher report towards the unfold throughout that point interval.
Week 13 NFL outcomes
|NO at DAL||NO -7.5||51.5||DAL 13-10||DAL||Below|
|IND at JAX||IND -Four.5||45.5||JAX 6-Zero||JAX||Below|
|CAR at TB||CAR -Three.5||52||TB 24-17||TB||Below|
|BAL at ATL||ATL -2.5||46.5||BAL 26-16||BAL||Below|
|CLE at HOU||HOU -5||48||HOU 29-13||HOU||Below|
|BUF at MIA||MIA -Three.5||40||MIA 21-17||MIA||Below|
|CHI at NYG||CHI -Three.5||43.5||NYG 30-27||NYG||Over|
|DEN at CIN||DEN -Three.5||45||DEN 24-10||DEN||Below|
|LAR at DET||LAR -10||54||LAR 30-16||LAR||Below|
|ARI at GB||GB -13.5||41||ARI 20-17||ARI||Below|
|KC at OAK||KC -14||53.5||KC 40-33||OAK||Over|
|NYJ at TEN||TEN -9.5||40.5||TEN 26-22||NYJ||Over|
|SF at SEA||SEA -9.5||45.5||SEA 43-16||SEA||Over|
|MIN at NE||NE -6||50.5||NE 24-10||NE||Below|
|LAC at PIT||PIT -Three||53.5||LAC 33-30||LAC||Over|
• Odds to win the School Soccer Playoff on the SuperBook:
Notre Dame 12-1
• The most effective-case final result for MGM and CG Know-how books within the playoff can be No. 1 Alabama profitable all of it. “They have been such a large favourite all yr, so nobody wished to wager them,” Simbal mentioned.
• Over 55 p.c of the cash wagered on the Alabama-Georgia recreation on the Golden Nugget in New Jersey was positioned after the sport kicked off. “The comeback from Alabama was a catastrophe for us by way of in-play margin,” a Golden Nugget sportsbook consultant reported. “This was concrete proof that in-play wagering is right here.”
• Total, 41 p.c of all cash wagered got here from in-play betting on the Golden Nugget over the weekend, the ebook mentioned.
• Kansas State coach Invoice Snyder, who introduced his retirement, will likely be missed by sports activities bettors. Snyder developed nearly a cult following amongst faculty soccer bettors for his knack at protecting the unfold. He coated the quantity in 57.7 p.c (182-133) of his video games throughout his 27-season profession. It is probably the greatest profession ATS marks of any coach within the final 30 years.
• The sportsbooks reported an up-and-down Saturday in faculty soccer. “The sport that basically helped us out was the Georgia recreation,” Stoneback mentioned. “And the Oklahoma recreation going underneath was a large swing for us. Normally a complete would not sway a faculty soccer recreation that a lot, however on this recreation, everybody was betting the over. It might’ve been a very nice Saturday if Northwestern would’ve coated towards Ohio State.”
• A VIP on the SuperBook positioned a $55,000 wager on Clemson -27 within the ACC Championship Recreation towards Pittsburgh. The Tigers coated the unfold in a 42-10 route. “We acquired off to a nice begin [on Saturday] with large wins on Virginia Tech and the Massive 12 Championship Recreation between Texas and Oklahoma staying underneath the entire,” Murray wrote. “The late video games have been much less profitable for us.”
• Preseason convention championship odds for eventual winners (through Westgate SuperBook at Las Vegas)
AAC: Central Florida 5-Four
ACC: Clemson 1-2
Massive Ten: Ohio State 6-5
Massive 12: Oklahoma 6-5
Convention USA: UAB eight-1
Mountain West: Fresno State 5-1
MAC: Northern Illinois 2-1
Pac-12: Washington 5-eight
SEC: Alabama 5-eight
Solar Belt: Appalachia State 6-5
• With the Military-Navy recreation remaining, faculty soccer underdogs are 422-405-16 towards the unfold. It’s the third consecutive season underdogs have coated the unfold in additional video games than favorites, in accordance to BetLabSports.com.
• There have been 418 overs, 413 unders and 10 pushes, heading into the Military-Navy recreation.
• 192 underdogs pulled straight-up upsets this season, the second-most for any common season since 2005.
• Military opened as a 7-level favourite over Navy. Within the final 20 conferences, Military has coated the unfold 10 occasions, and Navy has coated the unfold 10 occasions.
• The most important upset of the common season, in accordance to the purpose unfold, was Previous Dominion over Virginia Tech. The Monarchs have been 28.5-level underdogs after they beat the Hokies 49-35.
• Trailing North Carolina 58-Zero late within the fourth quarter Saturday, East Carolina kicker Jake Verity made a 46-yard subject objective as time expired. The Wolfpack won 58-Three. The over/underneath was 60.5 or 61 at Las Vegas sportsbooks.
Boxing: Wilder vs. Fury
• A number of Las Vegas sportsbooks mentioned extra money was wager heavyweight title battle between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury than was wager on any of Saturday’s faculty soccer championship video games. Wilder closed as round -200 favourite, with Fury going off as round a +180 underdog. The percentages remained related all through the battle that got here down to a resolution. Fury acquired off the canvas twice to salvage a draw and arrange what will likely be a extremely-anticipated rematch.
• MGM reported taking a $170,000 wager on Wilder to win $100,000, amongst a number of different massive bets on the undefeated WBC champion. “We have been buried on Wilder,” Stoneback mentioned. “We had not less than 5 six-determine bets on Wilder.”
• “We wrote extra money on the Wilder-Fury battle than any faculty soccer recreation performed on Saturday,” the SuperBook’s Murray wrote.
• The SuperBook posted odds on a potential rematch: Wilder (even) vs. Fury (-120).
• The crew that attracted essentially the most bets in November at DraftKings’ New Jersey sportsbook was the Golden State Warriors, who went 5-9 towards the unfold in the course of the month. The crew that attracted the fewest bets in November at DraftKings was the Cleveland Cavaliers, who went 6-eight ATS in the course of the month.
• Probably the most-closely wager recreation in November at DraftKings was the New Orleans Pelicans recreation on the Portland Path Blazers on Nov. 1. The Blazers coated as 6.5-level favorites in a 132-119 win. The Warriors have been concerned in six of the highest 10 most-closely wager NBA video games at DraftKings in November.